UBS Reiterates Buy on Dollar Tree (DLTR) Following 3Q - PT to $100
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating on Dollar Tree (NASDAQ: DLTR), and raised the price target to $100.00 (from $90.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Core DLTR reported better than anticipated sales & OM in 3Q showing it is on steady ground. Its 3Q comp of 1.7% exceeded the consensus estimate and included 80 bps of headwind from rebannering cannibalization.
Analyst Michael Lasser commented, "We think 3Q helped DLTR reinvigorate its investment case DLTR's 3Q results eased a number of fears. First, we believe it demonstrated that the Dollar Store channel can hold its own with WMT price & labor investments, food deflation, & a reduction of SNAP benefits. Second, it served as a reminder of the idiosyncratic opportunity DLTR has ahead of itself. Core DLTR generated accelerating comp & EBIT growth. Further, FDO produced sales that were about as expected in a tough environment, putting the enterprise further down its path to realize what we believe to be well over the $300 mm in synergies that it has guided to previously. We believe this creates a compelling combination that should produce 20%+ EPS growth over the next few years. Yet, the stock still trades at ~19x ’17 EPS, an undemanding valuation in our view."
Shares of Dollar Tree closed at $88.68 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Dollar Tree (DLTR) to $96; Reiterates Market Perform
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- Broadcom (AVGO) PT Raised to $215 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!