UBS Reiterates Buy on Dollar Tree (DLTR) Following 3Q - PT to $100
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating on Dollar Tree (NASDAQ: DLTR), and raised the price target to $100.00 (from $90.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Core DLTR reported better than anticipated sales & OM in 3Q showing it is on steady ground. Its 3Q comp of 1.7% exceeded the consensus estimate and included 80 bps of headwind from rebannering cannibalization.
Analyst Michael Lasser commented, "We think 3Q helped DLTR reinvigorate its investment case DLTR's 3Q results eased a number of fears. First, we believe it demonstrated that the Dollar Store channel can hold its own with WMT price & labor investments, food deflation, & a reduction of SNAP benefits. Second, it served as a reminder of the idiosyncratic opportunity DLTR has ahead of itself. Core DLTR generated accelerating comp & EBIT growth. Further, FDO produced sales that were about as expected in a tough environment, putting the enterprise further down its path to realize what we believe to be well over the $300 mm in synergies that it has guided to previously. We believe this creates a compelling combination that should produce 20%+ EPS growth over the next few years. Yet, the stock still trades at ~19x ’17 EPS, an undemanding valuation in our view."
Shares of Dollar Tree closed at $88.68 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- JPMorgan Downgrades Endo International plc (ENDP) to Neutral
- Carter's (CRI) PT Lowered to $105 at Oppenheimer; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!