UBS Reiterates Buy on AutoZone (AZO) Following 4Q Report
- Wall Street hits record high for third day in a row
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Exclusive: Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense - sources
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating and $825.00 price target on AutoZone (NYSE: AZO) following the company's 4Q earnings report. AZO was able to generate its 12th consecutive quarter of margin expansion, despite posting a 1% comp and seeing continued headwinds from its delivery and inventory initiatives.
Analyst Michael Lasser commented, "AZO's 4Q served as a reminder as to just how long an aftermarket retailer can be impacted from a milder than normal winter. While its overall comp came in at 1%, we estimate its SSS declined ~-2% in the NE, Midwest, & Mid Atlantic regions and up ~2% in the rest of the country. Encouragingly, trends improved throughout the quarter, setting the stage for an acceleration in the quarters ahead even as AZO faces tougher comparisons. It should benefit from the hot summer transitioning into more seasonal cold weather. Further, this should be complemented by some contribution from its initiatives (AZO plans to have more frequent deliveries at ~55% of its store base by the end of FY'17 vs. ~35% today). This puts it in good position to maintain its double-digit EPS growth, which looks appealing given its reasonable multiple of 16x."
Shares of AutoZone closed at $748.23 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
- BMO Capital Remains Bullish on Duluth Holdings Inc. (DLTH) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!