UBS Reiterates Buy on Advance Auto Parts (AAP) Following 3Q
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating on Advance Auto Parts (NYSE: AAP), and raised the price target to $180.00 (from $175.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report and analyst meeting.
Analyst Michael Lasser commented, "The central takeaway from AAP's 3Q results & analyst meeting is that while it has made some progress, it really has so much more to go. It's comp decline of -1% (vs. our forecast of -2% & the consensus of -3.5%) represented a 2-yr stack sequential acceleration of ~250 bps. We think this improvement was mostly about undoing the issues that had long been in the making such as going to 5 day per week replenishment from 3 day (it made this change at the end of 2Q) or ceasing to check customers' engine codes (it resumed this about a month ago). Fixing these acute problems, along with easy compares can carry AAP's comp well into positive territory for at least the next few Qs. This will enable the stock to maintain its near-term momentum. Beyond that, we think the co's leadership team is focused on the right strategies to unlock the substantial long-term potential that AAP offers to shareholders."
Shares of Advance Auto Parts closed at $142.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Health Care REIT (HCN) to Hold
- Carter's (CRI) PT Lowered to $105 at Oppenheimer; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!