UBS Reiterates Buy and $83 Price Target on VMware (VMW)
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating and $83.00 price target on VMware (NYSE: VMW) after spending time on the road with management.
Analyst Brent Thill "VMW is seeing an influx of positive catalysts that could help drive the stock higher - accelerating '16 billings growth, a building base of new products (NSX, vSAN, EUC) offsetting the legacy product slowdown, Dell/EMC acquisition now in the rear view mirror, cash flow could grow 40% in FY16E, and a $1.2Bn buyback with >$8.5Bn in cash + $2Bn in annual cash flow. This is a major contrast to the significant headwinds VMW has faced over the past year - material slowdown in overall license revenue and billings ('15 license rev. slowed to 5% from 14%, '15 billings slowed to 2% from 16%), a complete U-turn in their public cloud strategy (from build to partner), and the overhang of Dell/EMC and associated tracking stock which drove the stock down >50% from its $90+ high. We believe these headwinds are slowly turning into tailwinds and that ultimately VMW can have a secure position in the hybrid cloud, where the majority of larger enterprises will place their IT assets."
Shares of VMware closed at $74.34 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $120 at Aegis Capital Following Solid 4Q
- UPDATE: Stifel Starts Safe Bulkers (SB) at Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesUBS, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!