UBS Reiterates Buy Rating on Broadcom (BRCM)
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating and $205.00 price target on Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM). Broadcom's wireline sales were $2.06B and flat q/q which saw data center networking chip sales growth get offset by lower set-top box chip sales due to supply constraints. The F4Q outlook is for sales and EPS of $4.1B / $3.34 vs consensus at $4.1B / $3.17.
Analyst Stephen Chin commented, "We keep a Buy rating as we continue to view Broadcom as a solid growth story in both its wireless and networking businesses. Wireless sales were up 27% qoq and above prior guidance of up mid-20%. We believe most of this upside was from FBAR filter sales (we estimate up 29% qoq) to Apple and estimate its WiFi chip sales also grew strongly on smartphone demand. We believe WiFi chip sales can see higher growth from a new WiFi standard upgrade cycle in 2017, and remain comfortable with our FY17 and FY18 wireless yoy sales growth forecasts of up 37% and 10%, respectively."
Shares of Broadcom closed at $54.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!