UBS Reiterates Buy Rating on Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY)
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS reiterated a Neutral rating and $47.00 price target on Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ: BBBY). UBS is skeptical as to the 2Q being the quarter to mark the company's turnaround.
Analyst Michael Lasser commented, "While 2Q marked the entry of One Kings Lane to the fold, we don’t think BBBY's core trends improved much. Reads from WSM, RH, & PIR (all reported a decel in SSS) highlight 2Q was tough for the sector. In addition, competitive intensity increased significantly this Q. We model a -0.5% comp for BBBY, which equates to a -150 bps decel on a 2-yr stack (cons 0.4%). Memorial Day falling in 2Q this year likely provided some help. Its eComm channel also probably continued to grow (unique visitors to its website grew 12% YoY in 2Q vs 22% YoY in 1Q). However, soft traffic likely weighed on its store sales. Further, our est. implies BBBY underperformed Census Bureau HF retail sales by -360 bps in 2Q (vs. -400 bps avg in the past 8 Qs). Unless its share losses moderate, it's tough to see the stock climbing meaningfully from current levels."
Shares of Bed Bath & Beyond closed at $43.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Reacts To Favorable FDA Decision For Jazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ)
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Fortive (FTV) at Perform
- Canaccord Genuity Raises Price Target on Boeing (BA) Ahead of 4Q Release
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!