UBS Reiterates Buy Ahead of FedEx's (FDX) 1Q Earnings Report
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating and $187.00 price target on FedEx (NYSE: FDX) ahead of the company's 1Q earnings report. UBS is expecting FDX to provide additional information on the impact of TNT including F17 EPS guidance with a modestly dilutive impact from TNT.
Analyst Thomas Wadewitz commented, "Our analysis indicates that the macro environment for FDX was likely stable in 1QF17 for FDX and similar to the environment in 4QF16. This is based on looking at the ISM PMI on average during 1Q and 4Q and also looking at IP Manufacturing and Retail Sales y/y. Jet fuel prices have been stable sequentially in 1Q vs 4Q (at ~$1.55/gal including taxes / loading charges) and in line with our forecast. While we don’t have clear visibility we believe there is room for upside relative to Consensus of $2.78/share and we are maintaining our estimate of $2.86/share."
Shares of FedEx closed at $160.07 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts HubSpot Inc (HUBS) at Outperform
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX): Regardless Of CEO Transition, Multiple Will Contract - Buckingham
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!