UBS Reiterates Buy Ahead of Costco Wholesale's (COST) 4Q Report
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating and $180.00 price target on Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) ahead of the company's 4Q earnings report.
Analyst Michael Lasser commented, "Given all of the controversy over COST, having a chance to hear from management should provide a chance for the market to be reassured. Plus, it also gives an opportunity to hear how significant some of its long-term drivers are. Its old mainstays like MFI should be stable. Further, COST generated 2%+ traffic growth, suggesting that its membership renewals likely remained strong (we est. 90.5% in the US & Canada). This is what drives our MFI est. of $840 mm, which is ahead of the cons. of $835 mm. Also, COST's MFI should benefit from a higher % of stores opening in countries offering Exec. Memberships (TTM of ~83% vs. ~74% a year ago). Plus, moderating FX pressures should help (we est. -70 bps vs. -120 bps in 3Q'16 & -380 bps in 4Q'15). Seeing solid gains in this metric should be a sign to the market that COST is poised to raise its membership fees, which will be a positive for it shares."
Shares of Costco Wholesale closed at $153.15 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Remains Bullish on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following 1Q EPS Miss
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ollie's Bargain Outlet (OLLI) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!