UBS Reiterates Buy Ahead of Costco Wholesale's (COST) 4Q Report
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating and $180.00 price target on Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) ahead of the company's 4Q earnings report.
Analyst Michael Lasser commented, "Given all of the controversy over COST, having a chance to hear from management should provide a chance for the market to be reassured. Plus, it also gives an opportunity to hear how significant some of its long-term drivers are. Its old mainstays like MFI should be stable. Further, COST generated 2%+ traffic growth, suggesting that its membership renewals likely remained strong (we est. 90.5% in the US & Canada). This is what drives our MFI est. of $840 mm, which is ahead of the cons. of $835 mm. Also, COST's MFI should benefit from a higher % of stores opening in countries offering Exec. Memberships (TTM of ~83% vs. ~74% a year ago). Plus, moderating FX pressures should help (we est. -70 bps vs. -120 bps in 3Q'16 & -380 bps in 4Q'15). Seeing solid gains in this metric should be a sign to the market that COST is poised to raise its membership fees, which will be a positive for it shares."
Shares of Costco Wholesale closed at $153.15 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- McDonald's (MCD) Q3 Revenue, Comps Top Views
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Crown Holdings (CCK) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!