UBS Reiterates Buy After Meeting with SunPower (SPWR) Management
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating and $13.00 price target on SunPower (NASDAQ: SPWR) after meeting with management. Following the near zeroing out of expectations for its Power Plant build with 2Q, the story has meaningfully shifted towards resi and commercial execution.
Analyst Julien Dumoulin-Smith commented, "We held our latest meeting with mgmt. at their California HQ to discuss prospects after the cut to the outlook with 2Q results. Overall, mgmt. was sober on its prospects and is focused on reducing costs and repositioning the company to hits its latest targets. Mgmt is in the midst of its wider ~10% reduction in Opex to realign its headcount with reduced deployment. Mgmt did not offer comfort on 2017, but instead emphasized the cycle was poised to turn in 2018 and particularly 2019 as the next 'peak' year in the ITC. Our Buy rating rests on this recovery, with margin improvement in particular."
Shares of SunPower closed at $10.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts HubSpot Inc (HUBS) at Outperform
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!