UBS Raises price Target on Veeco Instruments (VECO) to $24.50; Reiterates Buy
- World stocks hold near 16-month highs after strong week
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Oil edges higher on optimism over non-OPEC output cuts
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating on Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ: VECO), and raised the price target to $24.50 (from $21.50), following the company's MOCVD sales preannouncement. Veeco also announced it will make an additional $10M in annualized cost reductions just in its ALD business.
Analyst Stephen Chin commented, "We keep a Buy rating as its positive sales pre-announcement gives us more confidence the MOCVD industry cycle is continuing to improve after 2 years of being in a downturn. Veeco had previously reported in August that it was starting to see higher MOCVD orders, and that its orders in the month of July alone exceeded 2Q16 MOCVD orders. MOCVD order have historically been the metric that moves the stock, and we believe that stronger orders are sustainable if activity continues to be from multiple customers/geographies (not just China) and that Veeco's customers are upgrading older generation MOCVD tools to newer EPIK products. We believe that MOCVD orders to China may have also bottomed and look for more signs that that the tier-1 LED chip makers in China continue to have factory utilization rates above the 80% range."
Shares of Veeco Instruments Inc. closed at $20.92 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) to $13
- Guggenheim Reiterates Buy on United Natural Foods (UNFI) Following 1Q Report
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Selecta Biosciences (SELB) Following Phase l Data Release
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!