UBS Raises price Target on Nordstrom (JWN) to $64 Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating on Nordstrom (NYSE: JWN), and raised the price target to $64.00 (from $58.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. JWN reported EPS of $0.84, solidly ahead of the Street's estimate of $0.51. 3Q was a positive update with JWN finally generating SG&A leverage and with negative Consensus revisions likely diminishing. However, there are still concerns surrounding sluggish SSS trends.
Analyst Michael Binetti commented, "JWN reported 3Q EPS of $0.84 ($0.62 ex-tax benefit) vs our $0.48, Street: $0.51. Total company SSS increased +2.4% (UBSe: +3.5%, Street: +2.4%). Despite lower than expected comps, GM expanded +100bp (UBSe: -20bp) with solid inventory control (inventory +0.4% YOY vs sales +7.2%). Further, retail SG&A leveraged favorably -80bp (better than our estimate for 35bp of deleverage). Full-line store SSS were a concern at -4.5% (UBSe: +1%) implying a -1pp deceleration in the 2-yr stack despite a positive shift from the Anniversary Sale. Rack (+0.9% SSS) 2-yr stacked comps decelerated by -4pp vs 2Q. Nordstrom.com was strong at +20% (vs UBSe: +10% and +10% in 2Q)."
Shares of Nordstrom closed at $58.72 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!