UBS Raises price Target on Nordstrom (JWN) to $64 Following 3Q EPS Beat
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating on Nordstrom (NYSE: JWN), and raised the price target to $64.00 (from $58.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. JWN reported EPS of $0.84, solidly ahead of the Street's estimate of $0.51. 3Q was a positive update with JWN finally generating SG&A leverage and with negative Consensus revisions likely diminishing. However, there are still concerns surrounding sluggish SSS trends.
Analyst Michael Binetti commented, "JWN reported 3Q EPS of $0.84 ($0.62 ex-tax benefit) vs our $0.48, Street: $0.51. Total company SSS increased +2.4% (UBSe: +3.5%, Street: +2.4%). Despite lower than expected comps, GM expanded +100bp (UBSe: -20bp) with solid inventory control (inventory +0.4% YOY vs sales +7.2%). Further, retail SG&A leveraged favorably -80bp (better than our estimate for 35bp of deleverage). Full-line store SSS were a concern at -4.5% (UBSe: +1%) implying a -1pp deceleration in the 2-yr stack despite a positive shift from the Anniversary Sale. Rack (+0.9% SSS) 2-yr stacked comps decelerated by -4pp vs 2Q. Nordstrom.com was strong at +20% (vs UBSe: +10% and +10% in 2Q)."
Shares of Nordstrom closed at $58.72 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zions Bancorp (ZION) PT Lowered to $49 at FIG Partners Following 4Q EPS Beat
- Alibaba (BABA) PT Raised to $116 at Baird
- Alibaba (BABA) PT Raised to $133 at Instinet (Nomura)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!