UBS Raises price Target on Nordstrom (JWN) to $64 Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating on Nordstrom (NYSE: JWN), and raised the price target to $64.00 (from $58.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. JWN reported EPS of $0.84, solidly ahead of the Street's estimate of $0.51. 3Q was a positive update with JWN finally generating SG&A leverage and with negative Consensus revisions likely diminishing. However, there are still concerns surrounding sluggish SSS trends.
Analyst Michael Binetti commented, "JWN reported 3Q EPS of $0.84 ($0.62 ex-tax benefit) vs our $0.48, Street: $0.51. Total company SSS increased +2.4% (UBSe: +3.5%, Street: +2.4%). Despite lower than expected comps, GM expanded +100bp (UBSe: -20bp) with solid inventory control (inventory +0.4% YOY vs sales +7.2%). Further, retail SG&A leveraged favorably -80bp (better than our estimate for 35bp of deleverage). Full-line store SSS were a concern at -4.5% (UBSe: +1%) implying a -1pp deceleration in the 2-yr stack despite a positive shift from the Anniversary Sale. Rack (+0.9% SSS) 2-yr stacked comps decelerated by -4pp vs 2Q. Nordstrom.com was strong at +20% (vs UBSe: +10% and +10% in 2Q)."
Shares of Nordstrom closed at $58.72 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) to $30 Following 4Q
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Casella Waste Systems (CWST) - PT to $16
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!