UBS Raises Price Target on Ralph Lauren (RL) to $117; Reiterates Buy
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (CERC) (ALKS) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SKX) (RRGB) (AMD) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating on Ralph Lauren (NYSE: RL), and raised the price target to $117.00 (from $115.00), following the company's 1Q earnings report. RL delivered revenues in line with its –MSD% guidance, and guided 2Q revenues to –M/HSD% above consensus at -10%.
Analyst Michael Binetti commented, "F1Q was the first sign that RL’s new strategy can deliver significant business structure improvements, and that stock pressure from years of negative consensus revisions is abating. On supply chain, RL gave enough detail to boost our conviction that new mgmt has identified the biggest issues: 1) RL reduced its SKU count by double digits at its biggest brands; 2) Reducing lead time to 9 months from 15 (50% of SKUs will be at 9-mo lead time by FY17, 90% by FY18): 3) Launching a new "8 week test program" to more quickly scale impactful new products (Fall '17); 4) Strategic suppliers are already driving improved quality, cost, & speed. Importantly, RL delivered F1Q revenues in line with its –MSD% guidance (-4% YOY), guided 2Q revs to –M/HSD% (above consensus at -10%/UBSe at -9%), and maintained guide for 10% EBIT margins in FY17 despite ongoing negative commentary in its primary US dept store channel in recent weeks."
Shares of Ralph Lauren closed at $103.14 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Syntel, Inc. (SYNT) Following Weak 3Q
- Wedbush Cuts Price Target on Tractor Supply (TSCO) to $65 Following 3Q
- Lam Research (LRCX) PT Raised to $95 at Nomura But Remains Sidelined
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!