UBS Raises Price Target on Ralph Lauren (RL) to $117; Reiterates Buy
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating on Ralph Lauren (NYSE: RL), and raised the price target to $117.00 (from $115.00), following the company's 1Q earnings report. RL delivered revenues in line with its –MSD% guidance, and guided 2Q revenues to –M/HSD% above consensus at -10%.
Analyst Michael Binetti commented, "F1Q was the first sign that RL’s new strategy can deliver significant business structure improvements, and that stock pressure from years of negative consensus revisions is abating. On supply chain, RL gave enough detail to boost our conviction that new mgmt has identified the biggest issues: 1) RL reduced its SKU count by double digits at its biggest brands; 2) Reducing lead time to 9 months from 15 (50% of SKUs will be at 9-mo lead time by FY17, 90% by FY18): 3) Launching a new "8 week test program" to more quickly scale impactful new products (Fall '17); 4) Strategic suppliers are already driving improved quality, cost, & speed. Importantly, RL delivered F1Q revenues in line with its –MSD% guidance (-4% YOY), guided 2Q revs to –M/HSD% (above consensus at -10%/UBSe at -9%), and maintained guide for 10% EBIT margins in FY17 despite ongoing negative commentary in its primary US dept store channel in recent weeks."
Shares of Ralph Lauren closed at $103.14 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- UBS Raises Price Target on Selecta Biosciences (SELB) to $29
- Allergen (AGN) PT, Estimates Trimmed at Credit Suisse
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!