UBS Raises Price Target on Prudential Financial (PRU) to $89 Following 3Q Report
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS reiterated a Neutral rating on Prudential Financial (NYSE: PRU), and raised the price target to $89.00 (from $70.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. PRU reported normalized operating EPS of $2.51, ahead of the consensus of $2.49. Variable annuity sales of $2.1bn and net flows of $(0.3)bn were also above forecasts on strength in the Prudential Defined Income product. The strength in the Individual Annuities is partially sustainable, in UBS' view.
Analyst Brian Meredith commented, "Per PRU, normalized operating EPS was $2.51. On this adjusted basis, Individual Annuities, Retirement and Group Insurance exceeded our estimates, while Individual Life, Asset Management, International and Corporate were below our estimates. PRU reported an annualized YTD operating ROE of 12.8%. Diluted BVPS was $71.95 (UBSe of $69.67), up 12% YoY. Accordingly, we are raising our EPS estimates to $8.95 from $8.80 in 2016, $10.35 from $10.30 in 2017, and $11.15 from $11.05 in 2018."
Shares of Prudential Financial closed at $85.79 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Adjusts Estimates on Ciena (CIEN) - PT to $29
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!