UBS Raises Price Target on PVH Corp. (PVH) to $125; Reiterates Buy
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating on PVH Corp (NYSE: PVH), and raised the price target to $125.00 (from $115.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report.
Analyst Michael Binetti commented, "We think the EPS upside opportunity from improving 2H GMs is underappreciated: 1) FX pressure abates in 2H (especially in 4Q, we est FX pressure diminishes to ~-80bp YOY from -220-240bp YOY in 1H); 2) GM compares get 150bp easier in 2H16 (vs. 1H16); 3) US d-store inventories are much cleaner—which should reduce industry promotional pressure; 4) a higher YOY mix of sales from high-GM businesses (TH China & GIII license). We’re modelling GMs +135bp YOY in 3Q & +195bp in 4Q (vs. +90bp & +50bp in 1Q & 2Q). Importantly, ’16 guidance for GMs at 53% implies SG&A dollars will increase by ~10% YOY in 2H vs. guidance for 2H revs to be up just +2%—making SG&A guidance look conservative. PVH remains the most visible beat & raise story in apparel in 2H. We’re raising our ’16E EPS to $6.75 (from $6.65), based on 1) revs +3% ex-FX (CK +7%; TH +5%); 2) GMs +120bp; 3) 180bp of SG&A deleverage."
Shares of PVH Corp closed at $107.37 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!