UBS Raises Price Target on PVH Corp. (PVH) to $125; Reiterates Buy
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating on PVH Corp (NYSE: PVH), and raised the price target to $125.00 (from $115.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report.
Analyst Michael Binetti commented, "We think the EPS upside opportunity from improving 2H GMs is underappreciated: 1) FX pressure abates in 2H (especially in 4Q, we est FX pressure diminishes to ~-80bp YOY from -220-240bp YOY in 1H); 2) GM compares get 150bp easier in 2H16 (vs. 1H16); 3) US d-store inventories are much cleaner—which should reduce industry promotional pressure; 4) a higher YOY mix of sales from high-GM businesses (TH China & GIII license). We’re modelling GMs +135bp YOY in 3Q & +195bp in 4Q (vs. +90bp & +50bp in 1Q & 2Q). Importantly, ’16 guidance for GMs at 53% implies SG&A dollars will increase by ~10% YOY in 2H vs. guidance for 2H revs to be up just +2%—making SG&A guidance look conservative. PVH remains the most visible beat & raise story in apparel in 2H. We’re raising our ’16E EPS to $6.75 (from $6.65), based on 1) revs +3% ex-FX (CK +7%; TH +5%); 2) GMs +120bp; 3) 180bp of SG&A deleverage."
Shares of PVH Corp closed at $107.37 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on TTM Technologies (TTMI) Following 3Q
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!