UBS Raises Price Target on NetApp (NTAP) to $32; Reiterates Sell
- Dow, S&P 500 surge to highs; transports set record
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
UBS reiterated a Sell rating on NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP), and raised the price target to $32.00 (from $30.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. NTAP reported product revenue of $710mn, below consensus of $722mn.
Analyst Steven Milunovich commented, "Product revenue of $710mn was down 13% YoY and below consensus of $722mn, but the operating margin of 15.2% was 160bps better than consensus of 13.6%. The margin upside was driven by (1) a 60bps higher gross margin of 62.7%, and (2) 100bps from lower opex, though cutting R&D 5% more than we expected is a concern. The $0.06 beat shows costs are well controlled, but we remain concerned about secular storage pressures that may result in future disappointments."
Shares of NetApp closed at $34.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Downgrades NetApp (NTAP) to Underperform
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades MGM Growth Properties (MGP) to Hold
- Sigma Designs (SIGM): Revenue Headwinds Drive PT Cut - Baird
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!