UBS Raises Price Target on Lam Research (LRCX) to $116
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Affirms Outlook
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating on Lam Research (NASDAQ: LRCX), and raised the price target to $116.00 (from $112.00), following the company's analyst day. Lam's new targeted served addressable market by FY19 is 37%, up from 34% this year as it has new growth from patterning. The company kept its Dec-16 quarterly guidance unchanged (shipments at $1.85B) but guided its Mar-17 shipments significantly higher by 24% q/q to $2.3B (consensus was at $1.8B) with upside from all customer types.
Analyst Stephen Chin commented, "We keep a Buy rating as Lam shared solid long term targets for EPS, capital returns and semis industry trends that keep us confident in its solid quarterly execution. We still believe the upside case is also driven by how many new customers emerge from China that will buy more semicap equipment for both mainstream and leading edge technology. We are tracking 5 indigenous China semis customers closely and agree with Lam's view that the WFE spend in China can double from FY16 to FY19 and drive more upside. We believe there are still investor concerns about Lam's sales being 1H17 weighted (still early), not outgrowing WFE this year (we think it is just timing) and possibly lower annual growth rates in NAND capex going forward ($50B total over the next 5 years)."
Shares of Lam Research closed at $104.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lam Research (LRCX): Raising PT Ahead of Earnings - RBC
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades Walt Disney (DIS) to Buy
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades Pinnacle West Capital (PNW) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!