UBS Raises Price Target on Kohl's Corp. (KSS) to $44 Following 2Q EPS Beat
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS reiterated a Neutral rating on Kohl's Corp. (NYSE: KSS), and raised the price target to $44.00 (from $37.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. KSS reported EPS of $1.22, ahead of the Street's $1.03 estimate.
Analyst Michael Binetti commented, "KSS reported 2Q EPS of $1.22 (UBSe: $1.04, Street $1.03). SSS of -1.8% was ~in line with our -2% est. Upside was from better-than-expected GM (+50bp YOY vs UBSe: -50bp), and strong inventory mgmt. (inventory was down -7.6% YOY). KSS maintained guidance for inventory to be down –MSD% by year end—which should offer downside support to GMs in 2H. We're encouraged that KSS lowered '16 EPS guidance (we think this was expected after a 1Q miss and now removes a NT stock overhang). We're raising our '16E EPS to $3.80 (from $3.62), based on 1) SSS -1.6%; 2) GM flat YOY; and 3) SGA deleverage of 55bp. We're forecasting SSS of -1% in 3Q, and -0.5% in 4Q."
Shares of Kohl's closed at $44.19 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!