UBS Raises Price Target on Kohl's Corp. (KSS) to $44 Following 2Q EPS Beat
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- U.S. stocks pare gains after Trump's inaugural speech
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
UBS reiterated a Neutral rating on Kohl's Corp. (NYSE: KSS), and raised the price target to $44.00 (from $37.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. KSS reported EPS of $1.22, ahead of the Street's $1.03 estimate.
Analyst Michael Binetti commented, "KSS reported 2Q EPS of $1.22 (UBSe: $1.04, Street $1.03). SSS of -1.8% was ~in line with our -2% est. Upside was from better-than-expected GM (+50bp YOY vs UBSe: -50bp), and strong inventory mgmt. (inventory was down -7.6% YOY). KSS maintained guidance for inventory to be down –MSD% by year end—which should offer downside support to GMs in 2H. We're encouraged that KSS lowered '16 EPS guidance (we think this was expected after a 1Q miss and now removes a NT stock overhang). We're raising our '16E EPS to $3.80 (from $3.62), based on 1) SSS -1.6%; 2) GM flat YOY; and 3) SGA deleverage of 55bp. We're forecasting SSS of -1% in 3Q, and -0.5% in 4Q."
Shares of Kohl's closed at $44.19 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $96 at Canaccord Genuity
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!