UBS Raises Price Target on Intel (INTC) to $43 Ahead of 3Q Report
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating on Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), and raised the price target to $43.00 (from $40.00), ahead of the company's 3Q earnings report. UBS believes that the company's stock will continue its positive momentum if Intel executes well in 3Q16 and reports y/y data center sales growth of 15%. Intel's new 3Q16 sales guidance is $15.6B versus its prior guidance of $14.9B.
Analyst Stephen Chin commented, "We keep a Buy rating as better PC sales remain a key driver for the stock as we estimate PCs are still 53% of Intel's total sales. Intel reported its total 3Q16 sales would be higher than its original guidance by $700M, or 5%. We estimate Intel's 3Q16 PC sales will be up 12% q/q. One outstanding question is whether this was a 1-time benefit or the result of better consumer interest in new products/replacement of older PCs. If PC ODM sales are not up as strong, this may have been a 1-time benefit. Intel's prior PC shipment guidance for full year 2016 was down high single digits % y/y. The company did not provide an update today, but our global team estimates 2016 PC units will be down -9% y/y with 2017 down -2% and 2018 up +1%. We estimate Intel can still grow its EPS by 10% as long as it generates relatively flat PC sales and executes well in its data center, FPGA, memory and IOT business segments."
Shares of Intel closed at $37.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on ChannelAdvisor (ECOM) After Meeting with Management
- MoffettNathanson Downgrades AMC Networks (AMCX) to Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!