UBS Raises Price Target on Helmerich Payne (HP) Following EPS Beat
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating on Helmerich & Payne (NYSE: HP), and raised the price target to $75.00 (from $72.00), following the company's 4Q earnings report. HP reported adjusted EPS of ($0.32), ahead of the consensus estimates of ($0.41).
Analyst Angie Sedita commented, "The land drilling market continues to see early signs of recovery with the start of pricing improvements. HP expects a 20% increase in its US rig fleet in Q4 (F1Q) and stated that pricing has slowly begun to rise. However, we expect only very modest price increases over the next months with moderate pricing power not until 2H-17. Additionally, we expect to see ~150 rigs upgraded to various forms of high-spec by the Big 3 (HP, NBR, PTEN) by mid-17 for a total of roughly 330 rigs. However, all high spec rigs are not alike and some drillers have 3 mud pumps, 4 engines and 1 mil-lb masts, while others are at 750k-lb masts and 2 mud pumps. Pipe racking capabilities also vary widely. Regardless, rig bifurcation is occurring and these rigs will earn premium rates. Quality crews are equally important as rig specs and HP continues to be at the top of the pack."
Shares of Helmerich & Payne closed at $67.18 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Mizuho Securities Adjusts Estimates Following Gap, Inc. (GPS) Comp Miss
- Cowen Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Raising Prices, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!