UBS Raises Price Target on Helmerich Payne (HP) Following EPS Beat
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating on Helmerich & Payne (NYSE: HP), and raised the price target to $75.00 (from $72.00), following the company's 4Q earnings report. HP reported adjusted EPS of ($0.32), ahead of the consensus estimates of ($0.41).
Analyst Angie Sedita commented, "The land drilling market continues to see early signs of recovery with the start of pricing improvements. HP expects a 20% increase in its US rig fleet in Q4 (F1Q) and stated that pricing has slowly begun to rise. However, we expect only very modest price increases over the next months with moderate pricing power not until 2H-17. Additionally, we expect to see ~150 rigs upgraded to various forms of high-spec by the Big 3 (HP, NBR, PTEN) by mid-17 for a total of roughly 330 rigs. However, all high spec rigs are not alike and some drillers have 3 mud pumps, 4 engines and 1 mil-lb masts, while others are at 750k-lb masts and 2 mud pumps. Pipe racking capabilities also vary widely. Regardless, rig bifurcation is occurring and these rigs will earn premium rates. Quality crews are equally important as rig specs and HP continues to be at the top of the pack."
Shares of Helmerich & Payne closed at $67.18 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- UBS Raises Price Target on Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) to $69
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Raising Prices, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!