UBS Raises Price Target on Best Buy (BBY) Following Solid 2Q
- Dow, S&P 500 surge to highs; transports set record
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS reiterated a Neutral rating on Best Buy (NYSE: BBY), and raised the price target to $38.00 (from $33.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. Appliances comped up 8.2% and now represent 9% of BBY’s TTM sales. Also, its eComm growth of 24% was above the 20% mark for the second quarter in a row, showing it can hold its own through this channel.
Analyst Michael Lasser commented, "The narrative around BBY has been evolving, but this Q added credibility that it's on a sustainable turnaround. Its comp spread vs. the industry (as defined by NPD) widened to 400 bps. This marked a reversal from the diminishing gains over the last 2 Qs. The read is BBY’s path is more in its own control than the market gives it credit for since it only trades at 11x-12x our ’17 EPS. Though, we aren't sure it will ever get a premium valuation given the competitive intensity of the industry, commodity nature of the category, scale of price deflation of the products, & concentration of the vendor base. Though, BBY has repeatedly & consistently shown it isn’t being slowed by these factors."
Shares of Best Buy closed at $39.23 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on NeuroDerm (NDRM) to $30 After Meeting with FDA
- RBC says 'Trump-onomics' has Reset Industrial Expansion Clock - (HDS) (WCC) (GWW) (MMM)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!