UBS Raises Price Target on Anadarko Petroleum (APC) to $73; Reiterates Buy
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating on Anadarko Petroleum (NYSE: APC), and raised the price target to $73.00 (from $69.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. CFPS of $1.56 was above consensus' $1.36. APC raised its 2016 production guidance by ~16 MBoed to 716-721 MBoed, with roughly half of the increase driven by its 3Q beat and the remainder due to higher 4Q production.
Analyst William Featherston commented, "Clean 3Q EPS (loss) of ($0.89) was below UBSe of ($0.50) & consensus of ($0.58) with the miss vs. UBSe driven mainly by a higher non-cash exploration expense & a lower tax (benefit) rate. However, CFPS of $1.56 was above consensus' $1.36 & UBSe of $1.42 driven by production exceeding guidance, better price realizations, & lower per-unit cash costs than estimates. EBITDX rose 7% YoY to $1.19bn, 8% and 15% above UBS and consensus, respectively. Production declined 1% YoY to 780 MBoed, above the 739-761 MBoed guidance range. Per-unit costs declined 5% YoY to $5.68/Mcfe, roughly in line with the peer 3Q avg but 6% above UBSe on higher exploration."
Shares of Anadarko Petroleum closed at $59.44 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo Upgrades Tiffany & Co. (TIF) to Market Perform; Demand Trends Stabilizing
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Wolverine World Wide (WWW) After Meeting with Management
- BTIG Raises Price Target on Cogent Communication (CCOI) to $50
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!