UBS Raises Price Target on Albemarle (ALB) to $85 Following 3Q Report
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS reiterated a Neutral rating on Albemarle (NYSE: ALB), and raised the price target to $85.00 (from $84.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Adjusted EPS was reported at $0.91, compared to $0.80 estimates. 4Q EPS was guided to $0.72 at the midpoint, compared to $0.75 estimates.
Analyst John Roberts commented, "Continuing operations adj. EBITDA rose 10% on 7% higher adj. sales. Sales growth of 30% in Lithium largely balanced by 0-3% growth in Refinery Catalysts & Bromine Specialties. Smaller Performance Catalyst Solutions & other were flat to down. Chemetall coatings unit sale expected to close during fourth quarter, & is excluded from estimates as discontinued. Adj EBITDA was $188M for the quarter, +$16m vs. UBSe, with ~$5M beats in lithium & bromine and ~$10M beat in refining solutions, offset by higher corporate costs. ALB raised EBITDA guidance for ongoing operations (excluded Surface Treatments in 1Q) by ~$10M at the mid-point (now $735M), roughly in line with 3Q beat."
Shares of Albemarle closed at $86.28 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!