UBS Raises Price Target on Agilent Technologies (A) Following Solid 4Q Results
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS reiterated a Neutral rating on Agilent Technologies (NYSE: A), and raised the price target to $48.00 (from $45.00), following the company's 4Q earnings report. Agilent reported EPS of $0.59, above the consensus estimates of $0.52. Core revenue growth of 6.3% exceeded the 1.2% midpoint of guidance driven by better than expected performance in the instrument business, Pharma, China and Europe.
Analyst Jonathan Groberg commented, "Agilent reported FY4Q16 results Tuesday with sales of $1.11b, above both our estimate of $1.06b and consensus estimates of $1.07b. Adj. EPS of $0.59 was also above both ours and consensus estimates of $0.52. For FY17 management guided to revenue of $4.35b - $4.37b (4.3% core growth), in-line with consensus, an adjusted operating margin of 21.5% at the high end, which is 50bps below previous guidance, and adj. EPS of $2.10 - $2.16, $0.06 below consensus of $2.19 despite the $0.07 4Q beat. FY1Q17 guidance is for revenue of $1.04b - $1.06b and adj. EPS of $0.48 -$0.50."
Shares of Agilent closed at $45.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!