UBS Maintains a 'Buy' on Apple (AAPL); Quantifying iCloud & the Halo Effect
- Top 10 News for 05/13 - 05/17: Tesla Can't be Stopped; Tepper Still Bullish; Sony Gets in Play
- Tableau Software (DATA) IPO Surges Higher
- Bloomberg Taps Former IBM (IBM) Exec to Lead Privacy, Data Standards Initiative
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 05/17: (RSOL) (SCTY) (VNDA) Higher; (ARUN) (UNXL) (COSI) Lower
- Despite Outside Interest, Tumblr and Yahoo! (YHOO) Are in Lockup (MSFT) (FB)
UBS maintains a 'Buy' on Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), PT increased from $495 to $510.
UBS analyst says, "While we expect modest accretion, we believe the greater impact will be on further pull along sales of its hardware portfolio. To quantify the halo effect, we analyzed Mac share growth following iPod/iPhone launches &, after a deep dive, estimated pot’l Mac upside from our prior ests of $0.39 in 2011 & $0.71 in 2012, all else equal. We raise our FY11 EPS to $25.11 from $24.81 & FY12 to $28.91 from $25.82 on higher Mac, iPhone, iPad ests (w/ further upside)."
"We examine streaming business models from Lala, Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX), Amazon (Nasdaq: AMZN), etal and conclude Apple’s service is likely to be more seamless relative to competitors and, at $15/month fee (presuming eventually it will be for all content and not just music), note that assuming 10% of its 200mn iTunes customers convert and 10% op mgn equates to ~$0.10/qtr in EPS. More importantly, we believe the service would make Apple’s ecosystem stickier."
For more ratings news on Apple click here and for the rating history of Apple click here.
Shares of Apple closed at $347.83 yesterday, with a 52 week range of $235.56-$364.90.
Join StreetInsider.com FREE and get immediately alerted when news breaks on your stocks and other market items - JOIN NOW
*NEW - Download StreetInsider's FREE iPhone and iPad App - Click Here
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley Says Tesla (TSLA) 'Top Pick in U.S. Autos'
- Compass Point Boosts Numbers on RLJ Lodging Trust (RLJ)
- UPDATE: Macquarie Downgrades Barrick Gold (ABX) to Underperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!