UBS Downgrades Teradata (TDC) to Sell
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS downgraded Teradata (NYSE: TDC) from Neutral to Sell with a price target of $27.00 (from $29.00), citing YTD outperformace and risk int o 11/17 analyst day.
Analyst Brent Thill commented, "TDC's upcoming analyst day (the first of its kind in as many years) will offer visibility on the pace and scope of TDC's impending transition to a more software-centric, Cloudfirst business model. This will provide a much-needed reset to financial model expectations, but we see downside risk to estimates as we believe current consensus forecasts underestimate the duration and magnitude of the impact. As such, UBSe is now below Street. This combined with the YTD outperformance (+17% vs. 6% NASDAQ) TDC has witnessed, we downgrade shares from Neutral to Sell."
Shares of Teradata closed at $31.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) to $91 Following Better Than Expected 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Western Digital (WDC) to $75; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!