UBS Downgrades SunPower (SPWR) to Neutral; Unable to Offset Extremely Challenging Macro
- Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS downgraded SunPower (NASDAQ: SPWR) from Buy to Neutral with a price target of $7.00 (from $13.00).
Analyst Julien Dumoulin-Smith commented, "We are downgrading SPWR from Buy to Neutral and reducing our PT from $13 to $7. Despite our initial thesis that shares were close to a near-trough valuation, multiple guidance revisions in the space of several months and extremely challenging macro environment have demonstrated that even the highest quality product in a commodity space is still subject to the same pressures, regardless of temporary offsets like legacy projects and restructuring actions. With growth still projected off depressed 2016 EBITDA, we don’t necessarily think we're d/g at the bottom if DG margins could still deteriorate, suggesting downside to limited equity if flattish off '16 (particularly ex-Henrietta). We worry that lower panel prices could still have a knock on effect on ability to sell at SPWR's historically premium prices, albeit could prove a margin tailwind today."
Shares of SunPower closed at $6.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Lululemon Athletica Inc. (LULU) to Buy; Sees Upside Continuing
- Jefferies Downgrades SL Green Realty (SLG) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!