UBS Downgrades Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD) to Neutral
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
- Trump picks ex-rival Carson to head housing department
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
UBS downgraded Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) from Buy to Neutral with a price target of $40.00 (from $50.00), saying significant portions of the business not seeing returns.
Analyst Brent Thill commented, "vs. Street -$0.01), CSOD's 4Q16 billings guidance implies material deceleration (-2% y/y compares to +24% in the year ago Q) and reveals substantial go-to-market/execution challenges in 2 places of the business (EU + mid-market) that we believe represent at least ~50% of total revenue. To be clear, we are fans of CSOD's technology and believe that this is purely a go-to-market related issue that will take multiple quarters to iron out – CSOD's EV/Sales multiple could come under pressure in the near to medium term to as low 3x CY17E (~$30/share), and may not expand until issues are dealt with. Despite its leading competitive position in the Talent Management and Learning markets, CSOD is heading into 2017 undergoing sales force restructuring (consolidation of its two mid-market sales teams) – this, coupled with economic uncertainty in Europe (where timing of resolution is at least as unclear as the mid-market situation) bring us to the sidelines through year end and heading into 2017."
Shares of Cornerstone OnDemand closed at $39.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades National Beverage (FIZZ) to Outperform
- Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!