UBS Downgrades AES Corp. (AES) to Sell
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS downgraded AES Corp. (NYSE: AES) from Neutral to Sell with a price target of $11.00.
Analyst Julien Dumoulin-Smith commented, "AES Corporation shares continued to outperform its peers, trading at historic P/E highs not seen since late 2009. In retrospect, AES LatAm subsidiaries have lagged. AES Gener has fallen ~30% since June, underperforming the LatAm markets and AES Corp, which is up ~7%. AES' LatAm subsidiaries account for ~$4.80 (29% of total equity value per Holdco debt). We emphasize the Chilean underperformance is tied to concerns on pricing pressures from recent auctions in which renewables successfully undercut conventional resources at an average price of $47.59/MWh in late August. While AES's Chilean contracts remain largely long-dated into the early 2020's (this auction was for 2021), it is the first substantial indication of wider pressure from renewables on recontracting prices. We expect the latest pricing to prove the new normal (if not trending lower). Bottom line, with this sub having been the source of much of the capacity expansion and EPS growth through this decade, we see risks to backwardated cash flow, with FCF topping out in 2019."
Shares of AES Corp. closed at $12.85 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Downgrades Endo International plc (ENDP) to Neutral
- Instinet (Nomura) Downgrades Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO) to Neutral
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Health Care REIT (HCN) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!