UBS Cuts Price target on United Technologies (UTX) to $115; Reiterates Buy
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS maintained a Buy rating on United Technologies (NYSE: UTX), and cut the price target to $115.00 (from $118.00), as expectations fall. UTX continues to trade at a discount to the market and its peers given heightened near term risk on GTF. The Street is now expecting ~5% EPS growth, the most conservative outlook for quite some time.
Analyst David Strauss commented, "2017 consensus expectations have drifted lower, now only calling for ~5% EPS growth, by far the most conservative outlook at this point in the year for quite some time. However, with risk building that CCS might not be able to carry the load again, Otis looking less likely to grow and the probable pension headwind, we think consensus expectations are still likely too high. We have reduced our 2017 EPS estimate to $6.75 as compared to $6.88 consensus."
Shares of United Technologies closed at $100.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!