UBS Cuts Price target on United Technologies (UTX) to $115; Reiterates Buy
- Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
UBS maintained a Buy rating on United Technologies (NYSE: UTX), and cut the price target to $115.00 (from $118.00), as expectations fall. UTX continues to trade at a discount to the market and its peers given heightened near term risk on GTF. The Street is now expecting ~5% EPS growth, the most conservative outlook for quite some time.
Analyst David Strauss commented, "2017 consensus expectations have drifted lower, now only calling for ~5% EPS growth, by far the most conservative outlook at this point in the year for quite some time. However, with risk building that CCS might not be able to carry the load again, Otis looking less likely to grow and the probable pension headwind, we think consensus expectations are still likely too high. We have reduced our 2017 EPS estimate to $6.75 as compared to $6.88 consensus."
Shares of United Technologies closed at $100.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Casella Waste Systems (CWST) - PT to $16
- UBS Reiterates Buy on Kansas City Southern (KSU) After Revising Estimates
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!