UBS Cuts Price Target on V.F. Corp. (VFC) to $59; Reiterates Buy
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
UBS maintained a Buy rating on VF Corp. (NYSE: VFC), and cut the price target to $59.00 (from $65.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. UBS cut 4Q EPS estimates to $1.01 from $1.14. At its 1Q17 Analyst Day, UBS expects VFC will lower its +8% LT revenue growth target.
Analyst Michael Binetti commented, "We were disappointed to see bellwether VFC's 3Q revs decline -1% YOY ex-FX (UBSe: +4%). In particular, we were surprised by Jeans weakness (-4.4% ex-FX amid hot Sept weather, UBSe: +4% ex-FX) and North Face (flat ex-FX, UBSe: +LSD). DTC revs (ex-FX) up +6% YOY in 3Q despite ~8% store count growth suggest SSS could be negative. That said, while sluggish Vans reads have been a worry, Vans revs increased +8% YOY. Timberland accelerated to -1% ex-FX vs -7% in 2Q. GM was better-than-expected at +63bp YOY (UBSe: +50bp) due to VFC restricting inventory into the retail channel. VFC lowered '16 rev guidance to +2% from +3-4%, and EPS to $3.13 from $3.20."
Shares of VF Corp. closed at $53.07 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Book Value Could Be Boosted by $29B from Trump Tax Plan - Analyst
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Parker-Hannifin (PH) Ahead of Acquisition Close
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!