UBS Cuts Price Target on V.F. Corp. (VFC) to $59; Reiterates Buy
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS maintained a Buy rating on VF Corp. (NYSE: VFC), and cut the price target to $59.00 (from $65.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. UBS cut 4Q EPS estimates to $1.01 from $1.14. At its 1Q17 Analyst Day, UBS expects VFC will lower its +8% LT revenue growth target.
Analyst Michael Binetti commented, "We were disappointed to see bellwether VFC's 3Q revs decline -1% YOY ex-FX (UBSe: +4%). In particular, we were surprised by Jeans weakness (-4.4% ex-FX amid hot Sept weather, UBSe: +4% ex-FX) and North Face (flat ex-FX, UBSe: +LSD). DTC revs (ex-FX) up +6% YOY in 3Q despite ~8% store count growth suggest SSS could be negative. That said, while sluggish Vans reads have been a worry, Vans revs increased +8% YOY. Timberland accelerated to -1% ex-FX vs -7% in 2Q. GM was better-than-expected at +63bp YOY (UBSe: +50bp) due to VFC restricting inventory into the retail channel. VFC lowered '16 rev guidance to +2% from +3-4%, and EPS to $3.13 from $3.20."
Shares of VF Corp. closed at $53.07 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Adjusts Estimates on Ciena (CIEN) - PT to $29
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!