UBS Cuts Price Target on V.F. Corp. (VFC) to $59; Reiterates Buy
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS maintained a Buy rating on VF Corp. (NYSE: VFC), and cut the price target to $59.00 (from $65.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. UBS cut 4Q EPS estimates to $1.01 from $1.14. At its 1Q17 Analyst Day, UBS expects VFC will lower its +8% LT revenue growth target.
Analyst Michael Binetti commented, "We were disappointed to see bellwether VFC's 3Q revs decline -1% YOY ex-FX (UBSe: +4%). In particular, we were surprised by Jeans weakness (-4.4% ex-FX amid hot Sept weather, UBSe: +4% ex-FX) and North Face (flat ex-FX, UBSe: +LSD). DTC revs (ex-FX) up +6% YOY in 3Q despite ~8% store count growth suggest SSS could be negative. That said, while sluggish Vans reads have been a worry, Vans revs increased +8% YOY. Timberland accelerated to -1% ex-FX vs -7% in 2Q. GM was better-than-expected at +63bp YOY (UBSe: +50bp) due to VFC restricting inventory into the retail channel. VFC lowered '16 rev guidance to +2% from +3-4%, and EPS to $3.13 from $3.20."
Shares of VF Corp. closed at $53.07 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades Yum China Holdings (YUMC) to Buy, Sees Selloff As Buying Opportunity Ahead Of Q4 Report
- Photronics, Inc. (PLAB): Raising PT - UBS
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA) to $33
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!