UBS Cuts Price Target on Tractor Supply (TSCO) to $88; Reiterates Buy
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
UBS maintained a Buy rating on Tractor Supply Company (NASDAQ: TSCO), and cut the price target to $88.00 (from $102.00), following the company's pre-announcement. TSCO lowered its FY EPS outlook to $3.22-$3.26 from $3.35-$3.40.
Analyst Michael Lasser commented, "Historically, TSCO's performance provided evidence to support that it could power through external factors such farm income, economic conditions, & weather. Now, that's being tested. Its 3Q'16 will not only mark the 3rd time in 4 Qs that it'll see an underwhelming comp (it's guiding 0% to -1%), but it'll also mark the period where it admitted it's no longer immune from agricultural sector headwinds. This is a big change from the past. According to the USDA, farm incomes fell to $80.7 bn in '15 from a peak of $123.8 bn in '13. The level this year is on pace to be $71.5 bn. Our read is that this will eventually stabilize & act as less of a drag on TSCO's business. But, we believe the impact could be that the story will now be more sensitive to the conditions of its customer set. Still, we think between its unit growth, easier compares, & strong competitive positioning, it could return to its mid-teens EPS growth story over time."
Shares of Tractor Supply Company closed at $83.53 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
- Wedbush Cuts Price Target on Tractor Supply (TSCO) to $65 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!