UBS Cuts Price Target on Tractor Supply (TSCO) to $88; Reiterates Buy
- Dow, S&P hit highs; Trump comment hammers drug stocks
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS maintained a Buy rating on Tractor Supply Company (NASDAQ: TSCO), and cut the price target to $88.00 (from $102.00), following the company's pre-announcement. TSCO lowered its FY EPS outlook to $3.22-$3.26 from $3.35-$3.40.
Analyst Michael Lasser commented, "Historically, TSCO's performance provided evidence to support that it could power through external factors such farm income, economic conditions, & weather. Now, that's being tested. Its 3Q'16 will not only mark the 3rd time in 4 Qs that it'll see an underwhelming comp (it's guiding 0% to -1%), but it'll also mark the period where it admitted it's no longer immune from agricultural sector headwinds. This is a big change from the past. According to the USDA, farm incomes fell to $80.7 bn in '15 from a peak of $123.8 bn in '13. The level this year is on pace to be $71.5 bn. Our read is that this will eventually stabilize & act as less of a drag on TSCO's business. But, we believe the impact could be that the story will now be more sensitive to the conditions of its customer set. Still, we think between its unit growth, easier compares, & strong competitive positioning, it could return to its mid-teens EPS growth story over time."
Shares of Tractor Supply Company closed at $83.53 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Downgrades NetApp (NTAP) to Underperform
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Arista Networks (ANET) Following U.S. Customs and Border Protection Approval
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!