UBS Cuts Price Target on Sonic Corp (SONC) to $28; Reiterates Neutral
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS maintained a Neutral rating on Sonic Corp (NASDAQ: SONC), and cut the price target to $28.00 (from $33.00), after adjusting estimates to reflect likely lingering sales weakness and volatility. 4Q adjusted EPS estimates were cut to $0.46 from $0.47.
Analyst Dennis Geiger commented, "We are lowering our F4Q system sss expectations to -0.5% from +0.5% given still challenging industry sales results and the impact from severe rainfall in key states. As a result, we're also trimming our adj. EPS estimate to $0.46 from $0.47. Our price target is reduced to $28 from $33 to reflect likely lingering sales weakness and volatility. That said, SONC's transition to an even greater franchise mix (~95%) should further de-risk earnings sensitivity and support a potential narrowing of the valuation gap to heavily franchised peers as sales trends show signs of improvement. But near-term, industry challenges and competitive pressures could weigh on sales growth and share gains."
Shares of Sonic closed at $26.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Health Care REIT (HCN) to Hold
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $120 at Aegis Capital Following Solid 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!