UBS Cuts Price Target on Sonic Corp (SONC) to $28; Reiterates Neutral
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS maintained a Neutral rating on Sonic Corp (NASDAQ: SONC), and cut the price target to $28.00 (from $33.00), after adjusting estimates to reflect likely lingering sales weakness and volatility. 4Q adjusted EPS estimates were cut to $0.46 from $0.47.
Analyst Dennis Geiger commented, "We are lowering our F4Q system sss expectations to -0.5% from +0.5% given still challenging industry sales results and the impact from severe rainfall in key states. As a result, we're also trimming our adj. EPS estimate to $0.46 from $0.47. Our price target is reduced to $28 from $33 to reflect likely lingering sales weakness and volatility. That said, SONC's transition to an even greater franchise mix (~95%) should further de-risk earnings sensitivity and support a potential narrowing of the valuation gap to heavily franchised peers as sales trends show signs of improvement. But near-term, industry challenges and competitive pressures could weigh on sales growth and share gains."
Shares of Sonic closed at $26.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Methode Electronics (MEI) Following Better Than Expected 2Q
- KLR Group Cuts Price Target on Bill Barrett (BBG) to $9; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!