UBS Cuts Price Target on Sonic Corp (SONC) to $28; Reiterates Neutral
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
UBS maintained a Neutral rating on Sonic Corp (NASDAQ: SONC), and cut the price target to $28.00 (from $33.00), after adjusting estimates to reflect likely lingering sales weakness and volatility. 4Q adjusted EPS estimates were cut to $0.46 from $0.47.
Analyst Dennis Geiger commented, "We are lowering our F4Q system sss expectations to -0.5% from +0.5% given still challenging industry sales results and the impact from severe rainfall in key states. As a result, we're also trimming our adj. EPS estimate to $0.46 from $0.47. Our price target is reduced to $28 from $33 to reflect likely lingering sales weakness and volatility. That said, SONC's transition to an even greater franchise mix (~95%) should further de-risk earnings sensitivity and support a potential narrowing of the valuation gap to heavily franchised peers as sales trends show signs of improvement. But near-term, industry challenges and competitive pressures could weigh on sales growth and share gains."
Shares of Sonic closed at $26.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Mizuho Securities Adjusts Estimates Following Gap, Inc. (GPS) Comp Miss
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!