UBS Cuts Price Target on Sonic Automotive (SAH) Following 3Q
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
UBS maintained a Sell rating on Sonic Automotive (NYSE: SAH), and cut the price target to $16.00 (from $17.00), Following the company's 3Q earnings report. Sales of $2.56bn beat consensus of $2.49bn. However, margins were below estimates across all segments. UBS lowered 2016 EPS estimates from $2.05 to $1.95.
Analyst Colin Langan commented, "SAH shares traded down 5% today following its margin miss and downward guidance revision. Sales of $2.56bn beat consensus of $2.49bn. Compared to our estimates, most of the beat was driven by higher P&S and used wholesale sales. However, margins were below our estimates across all segments. SAH pointed to headwinds from high BMW incentives and inventory (started year with 7,000 BMW inventory, down to 4,300 today), and weakness in the Houston market. SAH lowered FY guidance due particularly to uncertainty on BMW incentives. We maintain our Sell rating given the continued new & used margin pressure."
Shares of Sonic Auto closed at $16.95 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Western Digital (WDC): Raising PT After Analyst Day - Baird
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Owens Corning (OC) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!