UBS Cuts Price Target on Sonic Automotive (SAH) Following 3Q
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
UBS maintained a Sell rating on Sonic Automotive (NYSE: SAH), and cut the price target to $16.00 (from $17.00), Following the company's 3Q earnings report. Sales of $2.56bn beat consensus of $2.49bn. However, margins were below estimates across all segments. UBS lowered 2016 EPS estimates from $2.05 to $1.95.
Analyst Colin Langan commented, "SAH shares traded down 5% today following its margin miss and downward guidance revision. Sales of $2.56bn beat consensus of $2.49bn. Compared to our estimates, most of the beat was driven by higher P&S and used wholesale sales. However, margins were below our estimates across all segments. SAH pointed to headwinds from high BMW incentives and inventory (started year with 7,000 BMW inventory, down to 4,300 today), and weakness in the Houston market. SAH lowered FY guidance due particularly to uncertainty on BMW incentives. We maintain our Sell rating given the continued new & used margin pressure."
Shares of Sonic Auto closed at $16.95 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- IBM (IBM): Closer Look Shows The - Jefferies
- JPMorgan Cuts Teva Pharma (TEVA) to Neutral Amid Challenging Generic Environment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!