UBS Cuts Price Target on Procter & Gamble (PG) to $94 Following Analyst day
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS maintained a Buy rating on Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG), and cut the price target to $94.00 (from $97.00), following the company's analyst day. In US Laundry, PG expects competition to continue/intensify, though it believes it will be focused on branding/innovation. Meanwhile, in China Diapers, PG is making steady progress and plans to fill in its super-premium portfolio gaps within the next 12 months.
Analyst Stephen Powers commented, "On Friday, we attended PG's biennial analyst day, where PG indicated that it is on track with its previously-communicated multi-year strategy of more significantly reinvesting productivity savings (in innovation, media reach, sampling, sales coverage, and price adjustments) to drive the top line, while realigning its organization/culture to improve speed/responsiveness. Some of the most important takeaways from the event came from our conversations with GBU/SMO heads, who have seemingly been granted more freedom over (1) how/where their groups' reinvestments are deployed, and (2) how they reward/penalize team outperformance/underperformance—changes that should encourage greater consistency of performance and marketplace agility vs. prior years."
Shares of Procter & Gamble closed at $82.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Procter & Gamble (PG) PT Raised to $96 at UBS Following 2Q Report
- Aegis Capital Assumes Concert Pharmaceuticals (CNCE) at Buy
- Xilinx (XLNX) PT Raised to $55 at Deutsche Bank Ahead of 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!