UBS Cuts Price Target on Procter & Gamble (PG) to $94 Following Analyst day
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
UBS maintained a Buy rating on Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG), and cut the price target to $94.00 (from $97.00), following the company's analyst day. In US Laundry, PG expects competition to continue/intensify, though it believes it will be focused on branding/innovation. Meanwhile, in China Diapers, PG is making steady progress and plans to fill in its super-premium portfolio gaps within the next 12 months.
Analyst Stephen Powers commented, "On Friday, we attended PG's biennial analyst day, where PG indicated that it is on track with its previously-communicated multi-year strategy of more significantly reinvesting productivity savings (in innovation, media reach, sampling, sales coverage, and price adjustments) to drive the top line, while realigning its organization/culture to improve speed/responsiveness. Some of the most important takeaways from the event came from our conversations with GBU/SMO heads, who have seemingly been granted more freedom over (1) how/where their groups' reinvestments are deployed, and (2) how they reward/penalize team outperformance/underperformance—changes that should encourage greater consistency of performance and marketplace agility vs. prior years."
Shares of Procter & Gamble closed at $82.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Hartford Financial (HIG) to $55
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!