UBS Cuts Price Target on Nike (NKE) to $67 Following 1Q Report
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
UBS maintained a Buy rating on Nike (NYSE: NKE), and cut the price target to $67.00 (from $70.00), following the company's 1Q earnings report. NKE reported EPS of $0.73, coming in ahead of the Street's $0.56. EPS was driven by a one-time tax break. Management maintained FY17 guidance for +HSD/+LDD revenue growth considering F1Q global futures slowed to +7% from +11% in F4Q.
Analyst Michael Binetti commented, "Nike reported F1Q EPS of $0.73—or $0.58 excl. a tax boost & other income above our model (UBSe $0.58, above Street: $0.56). Global futures increased +7% YOY (ex-FX) vs our +8% est. Despite recent concerns, Nike delivered strong +10% rev growth (ex-FX) vs our +7% est. Though GMs were worse-than-expected at -200bp YOY (partly due to FX, exiting Golf, and a cost reclass, UBSe: -100bp), gross profit dollars were in line with our est (+3% YOY). Surprisingly, revenues in the battleground North America market significantly beat our est (+6% vs UBSe: +2%). That said, North America futures were worse than expected at +1% (UBSe: +4%). Nike maintained FY17 guidance for +HSD/+LDD rev growth, though lowered GMs significantly (to -80bp YOY, vs +30-50bp prev)—but also lowered SG&A dollar growth to +MSD/+HSD from +HSD prev."
Shares of Nike closed at $55.34 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- IBM (IBM): Closer Look Shows The - Jefferies
- United Rentals (URI) PT Raised to $130 at Jefferies Ahead of 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!