UBS Cuts Price Target on Lowe's Cos. (LOW) Following 3Q Report
- Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS maintained a Buy rating on Lowe's Cos. (NYSE: LOW), and cut the price target to $77.00 (from $80.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report.
Analyst Michael Lasser commented, "While its sales trends were softer than the industry, LOW exited the period with some strength. Its 3Q comp of 2.7% included a soft 0.5% comp traffic increase. Traffic represented 2/3 of its ~300 bp comp gap with HD. Positively, LOW's 3 biggest sales categories (appliances, tools & hardware, lumber), which account for 1/3 of its sales, were all above the co. avg. This suggests its core remains stable. Its South & West divisions performed in-line w. expectations, implying its SSS in the North was 0%-1%. As such, its comp can return to the MSD range if this region improves. Importantly, LOW exited 3Q w. a 5.1% comp in Oct (incl. 150 bps of weather boost) and is tracking above its 4Q implied guidance of 2% in early Nov. Its compares get tougher over the next couple of Qs, but recent momentum should help it navigate the environment."
Shares of Lowe's closed at $67.02 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Raises Price Target on Lowe's Cos. (LOW) Following Analyst Meeting
- BMO Capital Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following 1Q Report
- Stifel Raises Price Target on Clean Harbors (CLH) to $60; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!