UBS Cuts Price Target on Kimberly-Clark (KMB) Following 3Q Report
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS maintained a Neutral rating on Kimberly Clark (NYSE: KMB), and cut the price target to $123.00 (from $136.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. KMB reported EPS of $1.52, compared to the consensus estimate of $1.54. 2016 ESP guidance was cut to $5.92-$6.05 (From $5.95-$6.15). On the positive, KMB exhibited strong FCF productivity, driven by working capital improvements as well as lower capex.
Analyst Stephen Powers commented, "Following on from soft Q3 results (Q3:16 EPS of $1.52 vs. UBSe/cons. of $1.57/$1.54), KMB lowered the high end of its FY16 EPS guidance (despite better FX) to $5.92-$6.05 (vs. $5.95-$6.15 prior), as well as its organic growth target to ~+2% (vs. the "lower end" of its +3-5% range prior). All-in sales in Q3 fell -2.6% (organic sales were flat), vs. UBSe/cons. of +0.5%/+0.2% (+3.1%/+2.8% organic), driven by difficult macros and intensifying competition across its categories. Q3 FORCE savings ($105M) helped KMB expand EBIT margins by +69 bps (vs. UBSe +109 bps) to 18.2%."
Shares of Kimberly Clark closed at $113.91 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts HubSpot Inc (HUBS) at Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!