UBS Cuts Price Target on IHS (IHS) to $36; Reiterates Neutral
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS maintained a Neutral rating on IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), and cut the price target to $39.00 (from $40.00), as the company releases initial 2017 guidance. IHS guided to 2017 EPS of $2.02-$2.08, with the midpoint in line with Street expectations. 2016 estimates were reaffirmed.
Analyst Alex Kramm commented, "In addition to reaffirming FY16 guidance, tonight INFO released initial 2017 guidance. This includes EPS guidance of $2.02-$2.08, with the midpoint in line with Street expectations. That said, with 2016 EPS still expected to come in toward the mid-to-high end of its $1.72-$1.78 range, management has stepped back from the ~20% EPS growth discussed immediately following the IHS/Markit merger (now ~17% at the midpoint). Top-line expectations were also a bit soft given a $50mm FX-related headwind, with 2017 revenue ($3.49bn-$3.56bn vs. $3.58bn UBSe) and organic growth (2%-4% vs. 4.4% UBSe) guidance both missing our forecasts. Although the company's initial EPS target matched Street expectations, we still have difficulty getting to company guidance for FY17, and with a softer-than-expected outlook for core performance, we would not be surprised by some weakness in the shares tomorrow."
Shares of IHS Inc. closed at $117.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
- Guggenheim Reiterates Buy on United Natural Foods (UNFI) Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!