UBS Cuts Price Target on Hannon Armstrong (HASI) to $23; Reiterates Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS maintained a Buy rating on Hannon Armstrong (NYSE: HASI), and cut the price target to $23.00 (from $27.00). UBS remains positive that the company will be able to hit its growth targets in the near term given the growth potential and stability of the business and latitude to raise leverage. While management is confident it will be able to retain REIT status, we highlight that an adverse ruling would likely have only a nominal effect on the company's results as only ~20% of core earnings would likely be impacted.
Analyst Julien Dumoulin-Smith commented, "We highlight 3Q16 results were very much in-line with expectations, with $242 Mn of transactions closed vs. $140 Mn in 3Q15. As management is still guiding to $1 Bn+ of new originations for the year (vs. ~$712 Mn YTD), we expect a strong 4Q, particularly in light of historical patterns for transaction volume and recent equity issuance; potentially exceeding this $1 Bn mark. We see management as poised to deliver on FY16 results at the top end of range too, albeit the real question is just how much if any further balance sheet growth can be delivered in '17 to execute on 10%+ ('doubledigit') EPS growth."
Shares of Hannon Armstrong closed at $20.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!