UBS Cuts Price Target on HSN, Inc. (HSNI) to $50; Reiterates Buy
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS maintained a Buy rating on HSN, Inc. (NASDAQ: HSNI), and cut the price target to $50.00 (from $60.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Q3 top & bottom line results were impacted by weakness in fitness, infomercial, electronics and lower shipping revs (increased promotions) at HSN as well as continued weakness in outdoor at Cornerstone.
Analyst Eric Sheridan commented, "For the 3rd quarter in a row, HSNi reported a quarter with disappointing revs (driven by product, competition & macro) & continued gross profit margin pressure (which seems likely to sustain as a headwind due to mix & competition). Looking forward, we are heartened by the hiring of a Chief Merchandizing Officer, a mgmt team focused on striking the right balance of revs growth & margins in 2017 and the potential for increased shareholder returns (supportive against a 52 week low stock price). Over the long-term (2017-2020), we still see the home shopping (with an increased element of digital + mobile) as a category that can produce mid-single digit revs growth and margin expansion against a stock approaching historically low forward multiples (& approaching our downside case of $28/share)."
Shares of HSN, Inc. closed at $31.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- Zayo Group Holdings (ZAYO) PT Raised to $41 at BTIG; Reiterates Buy
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!